by Heidi Joubert
Modern Method for Cajon
An interactive, step-by-step, comprehensive method for cajon filled with lessons and techniques developed by Heidi Joubert throughout her journey with the cajon over the last 15 years. A method that sets a strong foundation for any level of player. Covers everything you need to know to become the greatest cajon player you can be.A completely structured video method, featuring in-depth training that starts from the most basic level, going on into intermediate and finally advanced levels. The Method is strategically compiled so that each lesson builds upon the next. Unlike many of the lessons on youtube or other social media sites which are simply random, the Modern Method takes you on a journey of discovering the cajon and structured learning using a very organised and methodical approach. The Method is the very same method Heidi Joubert developed to train herself to play the cajon. It is the best way to learn to play the cajon in a very easy, fun and practical step-by-step approach, and best of all, you get to practise and play along with Heidi as you progress. Learn at your own pace & from the comfort of your home. Heidi Joubert is your very own personal cajon coach at your disposal wherever you are.
A formalized Cajon method covering the basic fundamentals on how to play the cajon.
An educational module – a Step by step instructional method for new & existing players on how to play the cajon.
Covers the fundamental basics, looking at the basics sounds and the correct hand placement and striking technique for each sound, with exercises to build up the correct technique, strengthen hands, build muscle memory, gain an excellent sound and promote a healthy posture. Also covers a wide range of rhythm patterns & grooves over various different music genres and focuses more intently on how to accompany and play in a group setting with the live band play alongs. A complete course covering all you need to know to be the best cajon player you can be.
- Practise along parts With practise along videos to each lesson, so you get to practise along with Heidi as you learn. Each practise along video goes into indepth practise, starting at a very slow speed and ranging over a few different speeeds for ideal progress as you learn and practise
- Play along songs Play along videos to each groove lesson, so you get to play your newly learnt grooves with Heidi & band, putting the grooves into context with real music and real musicians.
- 4 Different camera angles 4 different camera angles capturing all the angles needed for optimum learning and developing the proper technique
- Written music notation Music notation so you can learn to read rhythm and read the patterns/excercises/grooves as you learn
- Original music composed specially for the play along parts of this method Features original songs from Heidi Joubert for the play along parts
- Filmed in 4K quality with & professionally recorded audio so you get the best of the best.
- Tried & tested for the ultimate results / to ensure the optimum progression
- This method was not only utilised by Heidi Joubert herself to learn to play but she also trained thousands of people fro,m all different walks of life from all over the world in her workshops and masterclasses over the last 13 years using this method, and the results helped shape and develop the final method.
- Levels: From total beginner to advanced, all levels of players would benefit from this method and the lessons.
- Learn to play live with a band with our specifically tailored play along songs
Modern Method for Cajon / Part 1
Playing time: 6hrs 6 mins of in depth teaching and lessons.
Videos: Collectively compiled contains 65 videos lessons, practise and play alongs.
Part 1 of the Method consists of 3 main sections:
Playing time: 40 mins / 9 Videos
The foundational part. Learning all about the proper technique to play the cajon, how to tune your cajon, different types of cajons, stretching & warming up exercises, how to practise, the proper seating position for a healthy posture and developing a correct technique
Technique & Rudiments
Playing time: 1hr 48 mins / 7 Technique & Rudiment lessons / 9 Technique Exercises / 17 Videos
A range of fundamental & practical exercises focused on building a strong foundation for your playing and developing a perfect technique with a beautiful sound. ‘These fundamental exercises will not only set a firm foundation for you as a cajon player but they will help you progress much faster as you learn your grooves. Each Lesson includes intense practise alongs to ensure you learn the correct technique from the start.
Rhythms & Grooves
Playing time: 3hrs 37 mins / 5 Groove lessons / 17 Groove patterns / 39 Videos
A wide range of different rhythm & groove patterns covering a wide range of different genres & styles. Each groove lesson has a few different groove pattern variations so you get in depth learning on each groove & style. With intense practise along parts so you learn each pattern thoroughly before moving on to the next pattern. Each groove has a play along song so that once you have learnt the groove pattern and practised it diligently, you can enjoy the reward of putting what you have learnt into context with music and real musicians.
There are more parts to the method coming soon so you can keep learning and growing into the finest cajon player you can be, all from the comfort of your home and at your own pace! Part 2 is due to be released summer 2021.